Personal Data Protection Notice
1. This is the Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) of the licensed pawnbrokers (“Pawnbrokers”) listed in the Annexure.
2. As data users, the Pawnbrokers are required to comply with the data protection principles under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), including to inform data subjects such as yourselves on the manner in which we process your personal data.
3. This Notice governs the processing of your personal data pursuant to your use of this website. By assessing or using the website or any services offered through the website (“Services”), you agree to us processing your personal data in the manner stated in this Notice. If you do not agree to this Notice, please do not access or use our website or provide any information therein.
4. We collect personal data provided by you and / or any third party service provider engaged by us, which include the following personal data about you:
- Your identity (including your name, NRIC number / passport number / address / sex / race / nationality);
- Your contact information (including your telephone number and email);
- Your payment information (including credit and debit card information);
- Your use of the website and the Services (including the date and time you use the Services, pages viewed, and other related details); and
- Device data (including device IP address and other system activities),
Some information is collected for analysis and evaluation purposes in order to help us improve our website and/or Services, and will not be used in association with any other personal information.
5. The purpose for which your Personal Data is collected and processed will vary and may comprise all or any one or more of the following purposes:
- to complete registration for the Services;
- to facilitate your use of and access to the Services;
- to process payments that you may make;
- for verification and security purposes;
- for contact and communications purposes including responding to any enquiries and complaints;
- for management reporting including compliance, audit and risk assessment, management and monitoring and to comply with legislative requirements;
- for the investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions and for the prevention and detection of crime;
- to protect or enforce our rights, including to recover any debt owing to us;
- for general administrative and management purposes;
- to monitor and analyse your usage of the website and other trends;
- to personalise and improve the website and the Services provided therein;
- to increase the website’s functionality and user friendliness; and
- for all other purposes in relation or incidental to the above.
6. We may, if necessary, disclose your personal data to the following parties (including those within and outside Malaysia):
- agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (including but not limited to professional and/or payment service providers) that provide services including data processing services relating to the purposes above;
- your agents and advisors (including but not limited to professional advisers) and any other person notified and authorised by you;
- government agencies / statutory bodies / authorities;
- our assignees or potential assignees and successors-in-title;
- any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality and who has undertaken the responsibility to keep such data confidential; and
- any person during or in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company (if any).
7. We do not disclose your personal data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent. However, we may disclose your personal data (within and outside Malaysia) in good faith:
- to comply with requirements of the government, law enforcement agency, any authorities to whom we are subject to or any orders of court;
- as is necessary or relevant in relation to any legal process;
- if required or authorised by law; or
- as is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our users, our employees, copyright owners, third-parties or the public.
8. You may decline or limit our collection of your Personal Data. Should you wish to so decline, do let us know as soon as our request for your Personal Data is made, in which event please be informed that you may not be able to use the Services. Please see item 11 below on how to make a request to decline or limit our processing of your Personal Data.
9. We shall record all information (including Personal Data) which we collect from you in our book, in so far as the Pawnbrokers’ Act 1972 provides for such requirement. You may at any time during our opening hours make the following request:
- amendment of any outdated or incorrect information; and
- deletion of the information, whether wholly or partly.
With respect to a request for the deletion of your information, please be aware that we would carry out the deletion only after the last of all your pledged articles has been redeemed, or otherwise disposed of according to the Pawnbrokers’ Act 1972.
10. We shall use our best endeavour to keep your Personal Data safely and securely against any accidental loss, destruction and misuse or any unauthorised modifications, access and disclosure and we shall not use your Personal Data for any purposes that are unrelated to the purposes set forth in this Notice.
11. To make any inquiries or complaints or requests to access, correct or limit our processing of your personal data, you may contact your respective Pawnbroker, the contact details of which are as per the Annexure below.
13. We reserve the right to modify and change this Notice at any time. Any changes to this Notice will be published on the website. You should check our Notice each time you access or use our website or Services, so as to be aware of the most recent applicable version of the Notice.
14. In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.
List of Pawnbrokers:
|1.||Choong Teck Pawnshop Sdn. Bhd. (462118-A)||No. 6, Jalan Melati 3/19, Bandar Malawati, 45000 Kuala Selangor, Selangor.||
603 3289 1466
|2.||Choong Fatt Pawnshop Sdn. Bhd. (462143-X)||No. 32, Jalan Besar, 45600 Batang Berjuntai, Selangor||
603 3271 9182
|3.||Choong Thye Pawnshop Sdn. Bhd. (640785-D)||No. 2, Jalan Besar, Pekan Kapar, 42200 Klang Selangor.||
603 3250 0813
|4.||Choong Yee Pawnshop Sdn. Bhd. (434592-D)||No. 14, Jalan Pandan 3/6A, Pandan Jaya, 55100 Kuala Lumpur.||
603 9282 3813
|5.||Choong Xin Pawnshop Sdn. Bhd. (639053-V)||No. 32A-1, Jalan PJU 5/8, Dataran Sunway, 47810 Kota Damansara, Selangor||
603 6141 7099
|6.||Kedai Pajak Yoong Xin Sdn. Bhd. (35952-W)||No. 12A, Jalan Bendahara 1/1, Taman Bendahara, 45000 Kuala Selangor, Selangor.||
603 3281 2217
|7.||Pajak Gadai Yoong Tai Sdn. Bhd. (1163803-V)||No. 11A, Jalan USJ 10/1F, UEP, 47610 Subang Jaya, Selangor.||
603 8081 2896
|8.||Pajak Gadai Yoong Yee Sdn. Bhd. (1041245-K)||No. 26 (Ground Floor), Jalan 14/14 Section 14 (Jalan Semangat), 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.||
603 7931 9656
|9.||Pajak Gadai Yoong Her Sdn. Bhd. (1040608-T)||No. 21, Jalan Sungai Kapar Indah 3K, Sungai Kapar Indah, 42200 Klang, Selangor.||
603 3292 8892
|10.||Pajak Gadai Spektrum (Gombak) Sdn. Bhd. (914660-W)||No. 62, Ground Floor, Jalan Jernai 2, Medan Idaman Business Centre, Batu 5 ¼, OFF Jalan Gombak, 53100 Kuala Lumpur.||
603 4032 1172
|11.||Pajak Gadai Yoong Hua Sdn. Bhd. (1287288-W)||No. 14-1 (Ground Floor), Jalan Radin Anum 1, Bandar Baru Seri Petaling, 57000 Kuala Lumpur.||
603 9054 5511
|12.||Pajak Gadai Kemuning Sdn. Bhd. (486421-A)||No. 23 Suite 23.01, Jalan Anggerik Vanilla N31/N, Kota Kemuning, 40460 Shah Alam, Selangor.||
603 5131 3290
|13.||Pajak Gadai Rantau Panjang Sdn Bhd (1343001-H)||No 23, Jalan Sungai Nibong 14A/KU4, Rantau Panjang, 42100, Klang, Selangor.||
603 3290 3133
|14.||Pajak Gadai Setia Sdn Bhd (1343005-K)||No. 24, Jalan Setiawangsa 10, Taman Setiawangsa, 54200 Setiawangsa, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.||
603 4266 3313
|15.||Pajak Gadai Kuala Selangor Sdn Bhd (1348404-D)||Lot 21 (GF), Jalan Raja Jalil, Pekan Kuala Selangor, 45000 Kuala Selangor, Selangor.||
603 3289 7913